Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Review of NEMO Astro Insulated Sleeping Pad

Originally submitted at Eastern Mountain Sports

Forget your typical inch thick backcountry pad, the Nemo Astro Insulated Mattress is a full 2.5 in. thick


Finally able to sleep while camping

By ManiacJWJ from Colorado Springs, CO on 5/31/2011

 

5out of 5

Pros: I could actually sleep, Easy To Inflate, Packs Easily, Warm, Small / Compact, Lightweight, Comfortable, Non Slip, Durable

Best Uses: Backpacking, 3 Season Camping, Car Camping

Describe Yourself: Casual/ Recreational

What Is Your Gear Style: Minimalist

Was this a gift?: No

I'm always working to reduce the weight of my gear but I can never fall asleep while camping. Camping and backpacking is usually an exercise in "sleep deprivation". I splurged on the Nemo Astro Insulated and it will never be on the "cut list" because it was comfortable enough to fall asleep and sleep most of the night.

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment