Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hexamid Twin Tarp from ZPacks arrived

I got it last night and seam sealed all the seams then read the instructions again.  It said to do the seams on the outside so I had to do the other side as well.  It needs to dry for 6 hours.  I'll take some pictures of it when I'm backpacking this weekend but here is the promotional picture for it.  It is this color and has the optional beak. It seems to be big enough for me and my gear.  I usually like the 2 person tents/tarps so there is room for my gear and room to move around when I'm getting ready to sleep.

I'll have to weigh it when it is dry.  It started out at 5.4oz but will most certainly weigh more with seam sealer on both sides of the seams.  Hopefully not much more than 6oz.  But still, that is almost 1 1/2 pounds less than my Big Agnes Ultralight tent (Fly Creek 2) which didn't seem that bad when I carried it.  Just a pound here and a pound there added up to my vertebrate between L4 and L5 getting inflamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment