Monday, May 30, 2011

Colorado Trail Segment 2 remainder

On May 28, 2011, before hiking Segment 3, I decided to complete Segment 2 of the Colorado Trail.  I drove up to the Buffalo Creek area and parked at Little Scraggy Trailhead, which is the end of Segment 2 and the beginning of Segment 3.  From what I had read in the Colorado Trail Guide Book, I had about 3-3.5 miles to walk to where I had turned back before.  I decided to leave my backpack in the car, take a day pack instead with just my Camelbak Unbottle and some snacks (probably too many snacks).  I also decided to wear my running shoes instead of the boots.  I hiked about 2.5 miles in an hour and got to the big rock I had sat on at the end of my last hike.  Since Segment 2 is 11.5 miles, I had actually hiked 18 miles last trip (9 miles each direction).  No wonder I was so tired.  It took me about an another hour to hike back.  I had hiked 5 miles in 2 hours with running shoes and a day pack.  No blisters, no pain.  That is how it is supposed to be.

Colorado Trail Segment 2 Remainder


Share your Adventures with SpotAdventures

No comments:

Post a Comment