Monday, May 30, 2011

My Review of Men's Chocorua Trail Mid with Gore-Tex� membrane

Originally submitted at Timberland

Get geared up this season. Take a look at our Men's Chocorua Trail with Gore-Tex� membrane. Back by popular demand, our Chocorua Trail boot is just perfect for day hikes and all other outdoor activities.


Blister

By ManiacJWJ from Colorado Springs, CO on 5/30/2011

 

1out of 5

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: Feels true to width

Pros: Breathes Well, Durable

Cons: Causes Hotspots or Blisters, Uncomfortable

Best Uses: Wet Weather, Cold Weather, Not backpacking

Describe Yourself: Conservative

The boots were durable and seemed to breathe well.

BLISTERS
I tried to use it for backpacking for my past two trips. I'm an ultralight backpacker so I have a pack with a 12 lb base weight, I have light clothes but carry a lot of water/food. I do weigh 230 lbs.

The boots fit in the store and I broke them in for a day before the trip. I tried to break them in more between trips (2 weeks apart). On both trips, though I was wearing liner socks and wool socks, I started getting hot spots within a half hour, blisters within an hour. The moleskin would be worn off within an hour to give me a blister right beside the previous one. I got blisters on the back of the heel of my left foot and on the ball of my foot on the right. I had to stop every hour to change the moleskin or bandaids. It made the hike take a lot longer and was very painful.

I have another pair of Timberland boots (don't remember model) but they were heavier. I never got blisters while backpacking but they seemed heavy. I was trying to cut some weight on the boots.

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment