Monday, September 12, 2011

Camping with Nephews

I camped with two of my nephews, Coleson and Hakeem.  We left after work on Friday, September 9th, and camped up at Buffalo Campground in the Buffalo Creek Recreation area.  It is between Deckers, CO and Bailey, CO.  We ate dinner along the way but had Smores at the campsite before going to bed.  I didn't sleep real well but I could tell I was sleeping here and there.

In the morning, I found the source of water down by the entrance to the campground.  Once I washed the dishes, they seemed sticky from being stored for a year, I was able to start on a breakfast of eggs, sausage and orange juice.  After a couple hours, we headed out to go see a movie (one of my traditions on camping trips, I know it is weird).  We even drove into Littleton to find a theater after having lunch at Pizza Hut.  We watched "Contagion" which turned out to be a very interesting movie.

We had dinner at the campsite of hamburgers and hotdogs.  After Smores and clean up, we watched "Avatar" on my iPad in my car.  Not too rustic.  I'm sure we could have done all of it in town but it was still fun.

In the morning, after more eggs, sausage and orange juice, we headed back home.  The guys had a great time.  It was a welcome change of pace compared to hiking 30 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment