Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Arches National Park 5/28/12

I had been to Arches two other times in the last few years so I decided to go to some sections that I hadn't gone to before:  the Landscape Arch in the Devil's Garden and the Delicate Arch.  There were a lot of people hiking, especially college-aged people.


The Devil's Garden has a one mile hike to the Landscape Arch through lots of rock fins.  It reminded me of Garden of the Gods.
Landscape Arch
The Landscape Arch is pretty impressive.  I think it is as long as a football field.  They say large pieces have been falling off it and they expect it will completely fall soon.  Double O Arch was another 1.2 miles and it wasn't that impressive, not worth the climb and hike out there.  One arch on top of another one..
Double O Arch

For the Delicate Arch, I was tired after 4.4 miles so I walked a mile or so roundtrip to the closest 'viewpoint' to see the Delicate Arch across a canyon.  I'll have to walk up to it next trip.
Delicate Arch


No comments:

Post a Comment